Today we are about to see Shirdi Sai Baba Mandiram at Kovvada in Kakinada Dist of Andhra Pradesh. Kovvada is about 3kms from kakinada. It is famous for its Sai temple on the way to Ramachandrapuram.
Some Special Features of this temple are:1. Temple Anniversary is celebrated on April 14th of each year.
2. The Red China Clay statue has been replaced by a marble statue.
3. Old statue is kept in the 2nd floor where all the 4 aarthi's are performed to both the Statues.
4. A bronze idol of baba will come in a tellar like machine if we drop 5 rupees coin.
5. A group of singers of Sanchara bhajana mandali will come to houses of Sai Devotees who want them to come home & sing bhajans of Baba.
6. This is one of the temples that was laid by Sri Ammula Sambasivarao. Sri Ammula Sambasivarao has installed around 2000 Baba Statues in various temples in & around Godavari Districts.
7. Sai Vratam will be held on every Thursdays.
8. Sai Devotees from all religion visit this temple especially on Thursdays & Sundays.
Article: Raghav N
Data & Photo:
Mrs. Padma Karunakaram, Kakinada.